Home How To Apply Submitting Transcripts FAQ

Submitting Transcripts FAQ

Students entering a program of study have up to one semester of attendance to submit their official high school transcript. No financial aid will be awarded until all high school transcripts are received. Students who have graduated from institutions outside the United States must document completion of a nationally recognized secondary school diploma. Contact the Admissions and Records Office at records@vgcc.edu for questions regarding your transcripts.

What is an official transcript?

An official transcript is one that is submitted to Vance-Granville Community College in a sealed unopened enveloped or via an electronic transcript exchange service from the previous institution. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts to be sent to Vance-Granville Community College.

How do I request an official transcript?

Students must request an official transcript from previous institutions attended. Contact the institution or visit their website for transcript request instructions and fees. Students who received their High School Equivalency (HSE), formally GED, with VGCC will request official transcripts through www.diplomasender.com . Please note that DiplomaSender will not work with Internet Explorer.

Where should I submit my official transcripts?

Transcripts through electronic exchanges sent to records@vgcc.edu

Hand deliver (in a sealed envelope) to any campus location

Mailed to : VGCC Admissions, P.O. Box  917, Henderson NC 27536

NOTE: Faxed and/ or emailed transcripts are not considered official.

Am I required to submit an official high school transcript if I have a college degree?

Students who have an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university are not required to submit high school transcripts. An official college or university transcript is required to document the degree earned. Students who plan to use Veteran’s Education benefits, and students who plan to participate in Athletics at the college must submit high school transcripts.

Am I required to submit an official transcript from other colleges and universities that I’ve attended?

You must submit a college transcript if:

  • You desire to have your post-secondary transcript(s) evaluated for possible transfer credit.
  • You desire to have your post-secondary transcript(s) evaluated for exemption from placement testing.
  • You plan to use Veteran’s Education benefits. The Veteran’s Administration requires that an official copy of all post-secondary transcripts be on file with the college.
  • You plan to participate in Athletics at VGCC.