Career and College Promise
Career and College Promise (CCP) offers structured opportunities for qualified high school students to pursue one of three pathways in community college that lead to a certificate, diploma, or degree as well as provide entry-level job skills. Academic credits earned through Career and College Promise pathways shall enable students who continue into postsecondary education, after high school graduation, to complete an undergraduate degree in less time than high school students without college credit would need to complete. Enrollment in the Career and College Promise Program is available to North Carolina public, private, and home-schooled high school students.
Specific qualification criteria for all high school students are required for each pathway. To view a description and criteria for a specific pathway, please refer to the College and Career Promise Pathway Guide (pdf)
CCP Students: You all also have access to many of VGCC’s student support services such as the Academic Success Center and Career Center . Check them out!
CCP Virtual Orientation
The CCP Virtual Orientation is designed to provide students enrolled in the college’s Career and College Promise Program with technical assistance in the following:
- Establishing your Vanguard ID
- Accessing your VGCC Email account
- Creating an email signature in your VGCC email account
- Accessing myVGCC to view course schedules, final grades and transcript.
- Accessing Moodle –VGCCs LMS System where you will access your courses.
- How to navigate in Moodle and find video tutorials and resources
We will also take time to discuss strategies and techniques for being successful in online learning at VGCC.
New CCP students should plan to attend an orientation session prior to beginning classes for our Spring terms that begin on January 7, 2022 and March 14, 2022
Register in advance for one of the following sessions:
Registration Information Coming Soon!
*Once you are registered for a session, please add the date and time to your calendar and make plans to attend.
Make sure you have the following available during the session:
- Your acceptance letter, including your student ID.
- Your social security number if you used it when applying to the college.
- A notebook to take notes.
Steps to Apply to CCP
Follow the steps below to apply to be a Career and College Promise student at Vance-Granville Community College.
- Look over our CCP Pathway Guide (pdf) and choose a Pathway that most interests you.
- Complete and submit an eligibility form based on your current grade level.
- Submit a signed high school transcript documenting GPA and grade.
- Franklin County Students: Evangeline Mitchell – firstname.lastname@example.org (ph. 252-738-3611)
- Granville County Students: Reba Bullock – email@example.com (ph. 252-738-3525)
- Vance County Students: Kierra Robinson – firstname.lastname@example.org (ph. 252-738-3232)
- Warren County Students: Faye Goode – email@example.com (ph. 252-738-3594)
- Career Coach for: Granville Central, South Granville, JF Webb, Warren New Tech, and Warren County High School: Connie Ragland – firstname.lastname@example.org (ph. 252-590-0303)
Students outside of these four counties should select the representative from the county where you expect to attend classes or is closest to you.
EARLY COLLEGE PROGRAM
How to Apply to Early Colleges?
VGCC Cooperative Innovative High Schools take the form of Early College High Schools and are located on or near the college’s campuses. Students enrolled in these programs can concurrently obtain a high school diploma and begin or complete an associate degree program or earn up to two years of college credit within five years. The process to apply to one of these four schools begins in middle school and is conducted by the Local Education Agency. To obtain additional information about our early college high school partnerships and how to apply, please visit the specific Early College High School Website of interest.