Home Student Portal Transcript Requests

Transcript Requests

Official and unofficial transcripts of a student’s record are released with the written approval of the student. A $5.00 fee will be charged for each official transcript; unofficial transcripts are provided free of charge. No transcript will be issued until all financial obligations to VGCC have been satisfied.

Official Electronic Transcript Request

If you are a current or former VGCC student enrolled after 1985, electronic requests may be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the National Student Clearing House using a credit or debit card. GED and Adult High School transcripts are not eligible for this service.

Electronic transcript requests are delivered through the following options:

  • Electronic PDF – Processed and sent within one business day if no research is required. ($5.00 plus additional $3.25 processing fee per transcript)
  • Mail – Processed and mailed within 2 business days. ($5.00 plus additional $2.25 processing fee per transcript.)


In Person Transcript Requests

Students may request official transcripts through written authorization at any of our four campus locations. Transcripts may be sent to colleges, universities, employers, or to the student. Student’s may pick up their official transcripts from the Admissions & Records Office in Building 8, on the Main Campus.

A picture ID is required when picking up transcripts. A $5.00 fee will be charged for each official transcript requested. Payment may be made by credit/debit card, check, money order or cash.

Unofficial Transcript Requests

Students may view and print unofficial transcripts by logging into myVGCC , clicking on Academics, and scrolling down to Unofficial Transcript. Choose Curriculum or Continuing Ed.

Students may also request unofficial transcripts at any of our campus locations. A picture ID is required when picking up unofficial transcripts. There is no fee for unofficial transcripts.

Official Adult High School Transcript Requests

Students may select the following delivery options for official Adult High School transcripts:

In Person – Requests for official Adult High School transcripts may be made at the Admissions & Records Office, in Building 8 at the Main Campus.

By Mail – Students may submit a transcript request form  by mail. Payment is required at the time of the request. Please mail the completed transcript request along with payment to:

VGCC Admissions & Records Office

PO Box 917

Henderson, NC 27536

By Email – Students may print and fill out a transcript request form  Prior to emailing the transcript request form, students should make payment with credit/debit card by calling the VGCC Business Office’s secure payment line at 252-433-0124. The Business Office will provide a confirmation number that must be written on the transcript request form. Students may scan the form or take a picture of the form with their cell phone and email to records@vgcc.edu .

GED Transcript Requests

High School Equivalency (HSE) transcript requests are fulfilled through DiplomaSender . Students who received their High School Equivalency (HSE), formally GED, with VGCC will request official transcripts through www.diplomasender.com . Please note that DiplomaSender will not work with Internet Explorer.